Monday, March 28, 2011

A new guild

So yesterday, after discovering them on the forum, I transfered to the Misha PvE realm, and joined a guild called Pay It Forward.

As the name might suggest, they're probably the single most positive group I've ever encountered in this game. The guild has over 400 people, with very active crafters, and a full to bursting guild bank, which I've already started contributing to as well.

I've already done a Normal Throne of the Tides run, and although I didn't have a meter running, they assured me that I was doing fine. It was chaotic, but we had a lot of fun, and a couple of nice blues dropped for me as well; after which everyone, including me, was repeatedly and profusely thanked for coming.

In other words, I feel like I've finally come home. I have no idea how much content I'm going to end up doing in Cata, but I'm not really focusing on that right now. I'm trying to focus on sharing whatever little I do experience, with an enormously positive, generous, and hospitable group of people.

I think the other important thing is that because they have the attitude that I can play however I like, I can focus on being competitive purely with *myself*, rather than having to think that I'm doing it purely for acceptance from others. So yes, Recount is being installed, and yes, I'm actually looking up the EJ approved spec and rotation for Survival; but I'm doing those things for *me,* not the guild, because the guild have already said that they are not worried about such things.

For me, that has always been the paradox. If I am told to do my own thing, I will still try and improve to the extent that I can, purely for my own sake; but the moment it feels as though anything is being done purely to satisfy other people, it will not happen.

No comments: