Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blog Neglect

I apologise to my readers; it has been nearly a week again and I haven't updated the blog. I have, however, become a lot more active on Twitter recently, so if you're missing being offended by what I write here, add me to that if you use it, and you'll hear from me a lot more regularly. ;-)

I've been conducting an in-depth study of the Auction House, recently. I not only want to get enough money to get my epic flying mount, but truthfully I'd like to learn how to master WoW's economy more or less in general. I get the feeling that that is going to be my next major project in the game.

Along similar lines, I'm also tinkering with the ArkInventory addon at the moment, and the associated Ace library, PeriodicTable. Once I've got them cleaned up and straightened out, I'm possibly considering releasing my own set of ArkInventory rules, for inventory organisation.

They're fairly simple to write; but ironically, one of the most difficult things I've ever discovered, is actually keeping things simple. My greatest problem tends to be bogging things down with a lot of needless complexity.

It is my hope that they could be of use to someone, though; it certainly would have been of enormous use to me to have an ArkInv ruleset already written and waiting for me when I first started using the addon myself. It is the single most powerful inventory addon that I've ever come across; but therein lies the problem. If you can do absolutely anything, it generally becomes much more difficult to figure out what you should do.

No comments: