Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Leavitt Family added to my blogroll

Hey everyone,
I admit that I've got a non-WoW related addition to the blogroll this time, but it's one that made me smile.

I discovered through my incoming links from Feedburner that the Leavitt Family are linking to me, and on going to have a look, discovered a number of photos of their children from Halloween, a visit to a petting zoo, the Pumpkin Patch, and even a trip to Disneyland.

It's been a long time since I've known what it is like to be part of a nuclear family; nearly ten years, and even what I had back then was generally traumatic. As time moves forward, and I grow older, parenthood (and possibly even another relationship) also becomes an increasingly unlikely proposition. So I can see this blog at times being a very welcome ray of light.

It is, truthfully, extremely comforting to know that, despite appearances being generally to the contrary, the nuclear family still exists, and that at least hopefully, for some of us, it is a positive and gratifying experience.

No comments: